Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You Are My Candy Girl! {Day 41}


The last day of April in 2011, Lana gave me my first challenge that started this change in my life. “No Sugar!” I melted. My mother and father are both bakers. On their kitchen counter there is always a cake, cookies, or some sort of candy. My grandmother has a draw in her house FULL of candy. Goodies are everywhere in my life. Ice cream was my biggest weakness. I loved going to Pickle Barrel and getting a waffle cone or even swinging by Dairy Queen for a cherry dipped cone with sprinkles. (I am drooling right now just thinking about it) Sugar and I were best friends, we did a lot together and it has been a tough ride since we broke up.

The day Lana shot the sugar in my life I was pretty sure I would never make it. At the end of this April, it has been 12 months since I have last eaten a cookie, cake, or even ice cream. The challenge today is to think of sugar beyond treats. When reading ingredient labels it is important to understand that sugar is used in a lot of things. Today the challenge is to Cut out all food and drink with the first five ingredients that include simple sugars or syrup. Includes brown sugar dextrose corn sweetener fructose cellulose and anything with the last 3 letters being -OSE.

This challenge is going to be hard with Easter right around the corner, but it must be done! Natural sugars are still good to eat, but still not in excess.

Sugar Sugar!!

One Less Day 

1 comment: