Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Waiting Game


Playing a “Waiting Game” for two and a half years starts to makes injury feel like real life. The fact that I have put passions aside because of my inability to participate has started to mess with my mind. I have wondered if I would ever get back on ice to play a real game of hockey, buckle my ski boots for a power day, or even run. The “Waiting Game” has changed my life and been exactly what I have needed.

The best news is that the Waiting Game is over!

Sunday morning we are headed 789 miles south to Vail, Colorado. It is time for my hip to be fixed! We have pre-op appointments all day on Monday with surgery scheduled for Tuesday morning. My mom and dad (the best parents in the world) will be driving me down and will be playing nurse for the week. Keep your fingers crossed that I don’t have to be in the hospital over night on Tuesday. Starting Wednesday I will be in physical therapy twice a day through Saturday. If everything goes as plan, we will make the three-hour trek to Denver for a night in a hotel. Sunday morning Michele and I will be on a flight back to Bozeman, as Mark takes on the open road driving back to Montana.

The emotions are mixed as I am anticipating surgery. This past year of working hard to take as much weight off as possible leaves me to believe that I can do anything for a short period of time. Thank you all for your encouragement as I start into a long summer of rehab.

One Less Day

No comments:

Post a Comment