Friday, April 20, 2012

At First You Won’t Succeed


There is an age old saying that reads, “If at first you don’t succeed… sky diving is not for you”. I always thought that was hilarious because most of the time things take me a few tries before I get it. I have been dreading this blog post for a few weeks because at first, I didn’t succeed. Adding a different fitness or food related challenge ever day became very difficult about 20 days in. I eventually gave up on myself, and didn’t succeed. It was embarrassing because I was so confident that I could do it. Here I am feeling like I let most people down. But some days I have to look back and see how far I have come.
 
In less than 24 hours I will have completed my first ever road bike race. In January I put a team together that will race tomorrow in the Grizzly Triathlon. I am excited and proud even if at first I didn’t succeed. It is a constant reminder that on April 30, 2011 I weighed over 300 pounds and had trouble walking in the Ridge. I was in the mindset that this was going to be easy and require very little work. I was so wrong and tomorrow I will be reminded of all the hard work this journey has taken.

Team “Cat Woman” races tomorrow at 9:30 am MST. What a scary/fun/rewarding race it will be. Not every day will be a success, but it is how I handle that success that matters. “At first you won’t succeed… but get up and try again.”

If You’re Not First, You’re Last! :) 

One Less Day 

No comments:

Post a Comment