Saturday, May 19, 2012

How Old Am I?


I have never dreamed of getting old. Not that I am afraid to get old, more like I never want to stop being young. These past few years my body has felt “old”. All of the symptoms they suggest of aging I have been experiencing. Well I have escaped one; my hair is not turning colors yet. I love being active and outside. Hiking, mountain biking, skiing, playing hockey, and my newfound love of road biking have almost hurried up the ageing process. This next week I pray that years will be taken off my old body, and for the first time in a long while, I will start to feel 23 again.

But they say it is always darkest just before dawn. In order for me to be comfortable in the rehabbing process I have moved into my grandmothers living room. Talk about feeling “old”! Antiques, chiming clocks, and the little boy who is painted in the 1700’s are watching over me day and night. Please don’t get me wrong; I am very excited to be at home getting taken care of. My family really is the best in the world and my parents have already sacrificed so much for me. 

We leave tomorrow, Sunday morning, for Vail. I am started to get a few butterflies and already having a tough time sleeping. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we have a long week ahead of us. There will not be much to report tomorrow, but Monday is a full day so I should be able to blog then. Thank you for your support!

One Less Day

1 comment:

  1. Hey what clinic are you going to in Vail? It's not Steadman is it?

    ERin H

    ReplyDelete